- Is it possible to fry volnushki with potatoes
- How to fry volnushki with potatoes
- How to cook fried potatoes with potatoes according to the classic recipe
- How to cook volnushki fried with potatoes and carrots
- How to fry volnushki with potatoes in a pan with onions and herbs
- How to fry frozen volnushki mushrooms with potatoes
Mushrooms under such a poetic name as volnushki are known to almost every mushroom picker. Their pink or light-coloured, rolled-up hat is rimmed with fluffy fringes, making it difficult to confuse them with any other species of mushroom. Usually they are used for salting, sometimes for pickling. But not everyone knows that these mushrooms, when used the right way, are amazingly tasty when fried. Volnushki fried with potatoes, if properly prepared, can well become a signature family dish that can surprise relatives and friends at festive feasts.
Is it possible to fry volnushki with potatoes
Of course, it is quite possible to fry volnushki on your own, adding to them only a number of spices and herbs, such as onions and garlic. But in combination with potatoes, these mushrooms acquire additional satiety, and special fullness, and unique taste qualities.
Moreover, the dish can be improved indefinitely by adding new interesting ingredients and spices to it.
How to fry volnushki with potatoes
Almost any wave is suitable for frying, except for the oldest and largest. It is better not to put such mushrooms in a basket initially, they can accumulate too many substances harmful to health.
After harvesting, the wavelets, like any other mushrooms, are dismantled, removing wormy and broken ones. Then they are cleaned of various debris and washed. When cleaning, pay special attention to the “fringe” under the hat. It should be cleaned off, since it is in it that the maximum amount of bitter substances is concentrated. Be sure to also cut off the lower part of the leg, if this has not been done yet when collecting in the forest.
In general, volukhi, despite their high nutritional value, are classified as conditionally edible mushrooms. This means that they contain bitter milky juice, which can not only reduce all the taste qualities of the dishes from the flakes to zero, but also lead to poisoning of the body. To cope with this problem, volochs need to be pre-soaked in cold water for 24 hours after collection. During this time, it is advisable to change the water several times completely.
In addition, mushrooms must be boiled in salt water for 30 to 60 minutes before frying. After cooking, the water must be drained, and the mushrooms are allowed to drain in a colander. Then you can start frying them.
Potatoes are usually fried separately from the fritters first because they tend to take longer to cook. But then all the ingredients are mixed and fried together so that they have time to soak in the spirit of each other.
Do marinated or salted fried potatoes fry
Of course, a dish made from fried potatoes with salted or pickled fried potatoes turns out to be very tasty. Before cooking, it is only customary to wash mushrooms in cold water to get rid of excess salt. And they are added already to slightly fried potatoes, so that when these two ingredients are combined, they take from each other all the most delicious and fragrant.
How to cook fried potatoes with potatoes according to the classic recipe
It is not difficult to prepare potato wedges according to the classic recipe. If you do not take into account the time of preliminary preparation of mushrooms, then the process itself will take about 30-40 minutes.
- 400 g of waves;
- Xnumx г бульбы;
- 1 вялікая цыбуліна;
- дробка молатага чорнага перцу;
- 2 лаўровых ліста;
- соль - па гусце
- 50-60 g butter for frying mushrooms;
- 50 ml vegetable oil for frying potatoes.
- Prepared boiled volukhi are cut into several pieces and fried in butter over moderate heat until golden brown.
- In another pan, fry the onion, chopped into thin rings, for 6-8 minutes. Lay out on a plate.
- The potatoes are peeled, cut into thin slices and placed in an onion pan with the addition of oil.
- Fry until golden brown over moderate heat. Then the heat is reduced to a minimum and, without a lid, the potatoes are brought to an almost ready state.
- Combine mushrooms, potatoes and onions in one pan, add salt and all seasonings and mix well.
- Fry for another 5 to 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and leave the dish to infuse for another 10 minutes.
How to cook volnushki fried with potatoes and carrots
The recipe for volnushki fried with potatoes and carrots will surprise you with a not quite standard taste and simplicity.
- 700 g of boiled puff pastry;
- 6 бульбін;
- 2 морквы;
- 2 цыбуліны;
- 4 зубчыка часныку;
- 2 tbsp. l. butter and vegetable oil;
- 10 г пятрушкі;
- соль па гусце.
- Cut the mushrooms into pieces of approximately the same size and fry first in a dry frying pan without oil for about 10 minutes.
- Then vegetable oil is added and fried for another quarter of an hour.
- In butter, using another pan, fry peeled and finely chopped garlic and onions.
- Potatoes and carrots are peeled, cut into thin strips.
- Fry together over medium heat without a lid for about 20 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients in one pan, add spices, mix and keep on fire for about 10 minutes.
How to fry volnushki with potatoes in a pan with onions and herbs
Onions and spicy greens perfectly complement and set off the taste of fritters, and frying mushrooms with potatoes according to this recipe is very easy.
- 2 kg of prepared waves;
- 10 pieces of onions;
- 1-1,2 kg of potatoes;
- 30 g of dill, parsley, basil;
- 80-100 ml of sunflower oil;
- ½ tsp black peppercorns;
- дробка солі.
- The cleaned volnushki are boiled for 20 minutes in water with the addition of 1 tsp per 1 liter. salt and a pinch of citric acid.
- The water is drained, a fresh solution is diluted with the same concentration of citric acid and salt, and mushrooms are boiled in it again.
- Allow all the liquid to drain, cut into small slices.
- Fry the mushrooms in a deep frying pan until golden brown.
- The peeled onion is cut into thin strips, added together with butter to a frying pan with waves and fried for about a quarter of an hour.
- The greens are chopped with a sharp knife and sprinkled with mushrooms along with pepper and salt, mixed and fried until cooked for 8-10 minutes.
How to fry frozen volnushki mushrooms with potatoes
Volnushki can be frozen for the winter without much difficulty after pre-soaking and boiling in salt water. Frozen, these mushrooms can be stored for quite a long time, at least a year. And since all the necessary preparation has already been carried out before freezing, it remains only to use them for frying according to any of the above recipes.
Before frying with potatoes, the waves are thawed at room temperature or lightly doused with boiling water to speed up the process.
The frying time of defrosted forest products should be at least a quarter of an hour. Otherwise, the technology of frying them with potatoes is no different from using fresh mushrooms.
Volnushki, fried with potatoes, is so attractive in taste and at the same time nutritious dish that it is hard to forget. Moreover, you can experiment and add new spices and ingredients each time, refreshing the taste of your favorite dish.